Thursday, January 04, 2007

Probably The Most Exciting Thing that Happened to Me Today

No. I wasn't visited by Marisa Miller in my haystack. Although we share a love of volleyball, that was not it.

I spent the day at work, as usual.

Probably the most exciting thing that happened to me was that after I had hung my coat on the hook and was attempting to leave, the keys that were hanging by a lanyard from my neck got caught in the pocket and yanked me back. I turned to my coat and said, "Hey now! Don't be grabby!" (I think it was actually trying to strangle me). After that reprimand the coat was so ashamed of itself that it didn't even have a word to say.

I find little ways of amusing myself.

The second most exciting thing that happened to me today was that I was visited by Death. Mr.Death. I commented that it was a strong last name and couldn't resist the urge to ask whether he fancied wearing a black robe and lurking outside people's houses. "No, I'm not into the goth thing," he stated. He went outside and had a cigarette while I finished activating his phone and then, instead of taking off with my life, he left with a new Nokia 6133. He was probably my second customer all day.

If my week keeps getting more exciting I might just faint. Maybe I need to take a valium. Maybe I need a vacation? Watching the promotional posters to make sure they don't move is just too riveting. I guess what I'm really saying is that now that the Christmas season is over, business has been about as fast-paced as senior citizen on morphine.

Personal Diegesis

7 Comments:

Blogger x said...

it's nice to know Death likes Nokia phones too.
P.S if i were your coat i'd be grabby too ;)

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Did Death speak with the voice of Norm MacDonald?

(Family Guy reference...)

9:44 p.m.  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Its amazing week you seem to have..What a start for the new year

11:28 a.m.  
Blogger {illyria} said...

think of it this way: you had a brush with Death, and lived to tell the tale. yeah, i'm being bad and need a-spanking.

did i wish you a happy 2007 yet? maybe in the previous post. if not, happy new year's! xx.

9:39 p.m.  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Lol business as fast-paced as a senior citizen on morphine?! hahaha cracked me up! Have an exciting but anxiety-free year ;)

2:43 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

*TO ALL* I do sometimes respond to comments and that is in fact what I did. However, blogger ate my comment. Blast!

chloe -Yes, I think there is a perverse attraction between Death and Nokia phones. Maybe it's because Nokia phones never seem to die. I still get ESN phones coming in from the 80's!!!

madamerouge -There was, in fact, a resemblance and yes that was a great episode.

iamnasra -2007 baby!

{illyria} -I wish I could be the one to give you a proper disciplining but I CAN'T FIND YOU'RE ADDRESS!! (I seem to be being naughty myself, misplacing addies and all :)

prmod -Thanks for the good wishes. It would be nice not to stress out so much. I freak out when people don't sort the garbage properly at work.

3:07 p.m.  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

ehh yeah
I really thought you were going to say you shared more than volleyball
Imagine playing with her uhh

4:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here