Saturday, November 25, 2006

Unlock the Code


I know it's a little late for the buzz (especially with the movie now long out and all) but I finished reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown a few weeks ago. I was not able to put it down. I loved the suspense, the short chapters and all the action that unravels as Langdon and Sophie "princess" search down clues and artifacts in attempting to hunt down the holy grail.

There is so much information and conspiracy exposed about Opus Dei, biblical and mythological history, including speculation about Mary Magdalene being the royal blood through which the lineage of Jesus was passed, the sacred feminin, Heiros Gamos ceremonies, the fact that Isis and Osirus were both born on the same date that happens to be the modern day that we celebrate Christmas and the ways that Christianity has been protected or manipulated by emperors, gallery attendants, cults and Templars.

For example, look at these details and variations of Da Vinci's The Last Supper.

It is interesting amidst all the research that is currently going on about the Mona Lisa and how Leonardo Da Vinci designed these cryptex's like rubix cubes with information guarded by codes so that people were forced to prove worthiness in order to acquire the message.

I am told to read his other book Angels and Demons. In the meantime I found a 'quest' of trivia questions to be answered to unlock the code. If you're daring, click here and try it yourself.

6 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Sir Barrett,
Never too late for unlocking codes
Every day new doors are opened
Every day hidden mysteries revealed

Every day a new tomorrow is born
Its what we see & how we see it
makes it a wonder and a great treat
Seeking new experiences, seeking new horizons, never accepting defeat

Great Post, Thanks for the links!

6:04 p.m.  
Blogger Admin said...

i loved the information in that book, but didn't like the writing style.
also, i always knew what was going to happen, so the suspense didn't really do it for me.

9:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not read the book. However, everyone I know like yourself, enjoyed the book.

9:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not read it but heard all good things. I did watch the dvd and I fell asleep, although I liked it better than I thought I would from its horrible reviews.

10:05 a.m.  
Blogger Lorena said...

i got the book as a gift from a friend -she loved it- and i started to read it but there was so much going on and i guess i was in the mood for a more light book so i stopped soon in the beginning of the first chapter. i will read it soon though since it does sound thrilling!! so what book next? i'm reading, "The Kite Runner", great book!!! but so sad. anyhoo, hope all is well.

10:46 p.m.  
Blogger Monami Roy said...

u watched the movie too? i'd read it first and THEN watched, and believe me, it NEVER is the same. but them authors know that... but accordin to a friend a mine, readin later is better...
n i almost believed everythin that was said in the book/movie... the facts are pretty believable u know...
\m/

7:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here