Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Blink and Smile

"Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas" -Dale Evans

Revenue Canada gave me an early Christmas present: a bill for $278.26. Merry Christmas to you too! I'm no evader but I suppose I was accidentally incomplete in doing my taxes. A missing T4 means trouble down the road and I suppose I had a missing T4: trouble.

It was trouble especially since I don't have $278.26 I'm a starving artist and because interest rates are high enough to hack your arms and legs off in one fell swoop should you delay in your pay. But parents are such a miraculous breed that they can be such saviours in these financially taxing seasons -taxing because there are always other expenses that come up. My parents ALSO gave me an early Christmas present. Me mum paid the bill for me AND me pops is getting the internet, bringing me even closer to all you lovely cyberfolks! Two birds, one stone. Down. They rock like Gene Simmons does. (Love the show Rock School immensely BTW)

I know many people who get caught up and frustrated with the season. They watch too many cheesey commercials then feel jaded because they can't buy enough to keep up with the Jones' or they feel lonely and not-in-the-spirit. Like Cartman, the "lonely Jew" in the Christmas episode of South Park where he dreams up the imaginary character of Mr.Hankey (which is actually the animation of a very messy and very stinky being) others feel left out by the very Christianocentric (if that's a word) holiday. I know people who boycott Christmas all together and rightfully so. No one should force you to celebrate that which you reject but perhaps you can get in on some of the values that energize the season? Smile! Blink and smile!

One of the things I like most about this season is that exams are over and I can catch up with old friends. So for the rest of the week I will be working and going out for coffee, making cards, burning holiday candles and trying to spread as much good cheer as possible.

General Announcements

2 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

I love - all year!
I give - all year!
I do!

Merry Christmas Barrett:)

5:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you in the holiday, Bear.

4:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here