Friday, October 22, 2004

freaky friday

Last night I was going to visit friends in Guelph and crash there. Instead, I hung out til somewhere in the AM then decided to drive home so that I would have an earlier start today since I had an exam scheduled for 10:30 this morning.

I slept til 8 then reset my alarm for 9:45 figuring that I could pass on the early morning review and just get some extra sleep. Little did I know how much extra sleep I was going to have. I was dreaming about being back at the restaurant I used to work at when I was 16, hugging my boss who would never have done so much as smile at another human being when suddenly my father was asking me what time I had to be at school. I saw that the clock said 10:45 and it takes half an hour to get to school!! I didn't directly answer his question and I was still feeling sloppy and moaning "OH nooooooo!!" as I pulled on my pants and ran out the door. As I raced to school all I could think was: "this is the worst day ever. I'm going to have to drop out of my program. Of course I have to be 45 minutes late on the ONE day that I have an exam!" I snaked through the halls as I always do in the morning and got to my class, just barely.

At first it appeared that there wasn't any computer. I was fiddling with the mouse of the one available, helplessly waiting for the screen to pop up. The teacher was shaking her head and handing me an exam when she told me the obvious: "that computer doesn't work". She pointed to one that did. After I sat down and started to wake up things weren't so bad. Ok, so I've almost missed half the exam but I'm still here, I thought cheerily. Then other people started having problems. There computers were crashing (two in a row). They lost their information. One guy behind me was a consistent stream of expletives: "fuck! fuck! fuck!" and another girl had a sour face on and was still contemplating whether the same thing had just happened to her. I don't think it's a full moon but I ended up being the lucky one who finished just in time. Thank god for that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

barrett i was late too! im glad that i wasn't the only person that came to the exam late...however i was still later than you

2:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here