Friday, March 06, 2009

Who Watches the Watchmen?

I will be! I've been anticipating this movie for years, ever since reading Alan Moore and Frank Gibbon's The Watchmen and it is finally here, as of today! There were many trials and tribulations involved in bringing this graphic novel to the screen, scuffles over ownership etc. In the end, the director of 300 (Zack Snyder) was able to make the movie.

Since the date of release kept getting set back, I re-read the novel in excited anticipation. Because I don't like large crowds of screaming teenagers, I won't be going tonight, opening night. But you can bet your secret superhero suit I'll be there next week!

Movies

6 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

This is new to me. But I'm happy we all have our personal passions :)

6:50 p.m.  
Blogger madamerouge said...

I just had coffee with a friend and saw this movie on the cover of some entertainment paper. I said, "I'm not sure if I'm going to see this; I'm more of a Monsters Vs. Aliens kinda guy."

4:47 p.m.  
Blogger Nabeel said...

I haven't watched it yet ... some people are loving it and some are hating it.

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Somehow I haven't managed to see this yet!! I managed to see Slumdog Millionaire, which I loved but no one wants to go see this with me. The MIA soundtrack and the whole Buildungsroman aspect of watching them grow up from the slums and seeing which paths they chose was really interesting. I don't know why no one will goto the Watchmen though. Is it because I sometimes talk during movies?

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Adorable Girlfriend said...

The reviews were not impressive. I am not going to pay to see it.

3:04 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Malin Ackerman is so sexy! Some complained, but I didn't mind that they dragged out the steamy scene in Archimedes, only I was disappointed they omitted the line about her quitting smoking/being a masked hero: "There's no such thing as quitting, only a longer period of time in between" (paraphrased).

2:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here