Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree




Things are getting pretty festive around the office...at least in my pod. Here's my podmate, who is the social committee leader, who spearheaded our departmental competition to see who can decorate their surroundings the most. Note the look of sheer enthusiasm on his face as he proudly perches on his desk, post garland affixing, seconded by the 'thumbs up' gesture.

So far it looks like our pod might even win, considering we're the only pod to participate. But the end date for the competition has been extended, so I'm *sure* everyone will catch up sooner or later. My contribution was a large blue sock or "stocking" not pictured here.

I'm definitely in holiday mode. At least I'm anticipating it. Tonight, I look forward
drinking egg nog and caroling my face off with friends.

UPDATE DECEMBER 18:
No, the hangover from the eggnog wasn't too bad, especially considering it was just eggnog. However, thanks for your concern. And things have been turned up a notch here around the office, to my chagrin. It seems that my competitors were strategically holding out until the last day before the competition finale, at which point they went out on dollar store shopping sprees that left us looking like a couple of bums. As a result (wait for the disbelief)...we DIDN'T win our pod decorating competition! That's according to our judges. I'm not satisfied with their conclusion. Let's let you decide which pod says "Christmas" to you:

I have always wondered why Frosty is called Frosty when he's not Frosty, he's snowy. Anyway, the lyrics to the popular song can be seen on the window behind him, in case anyone's wondering.
Here are the dollar store pimps I was referring to earlier. At least they didn't die of Bah Humbug disease. I like them though cause they are my neighbours, and because they didn't win, either.
And here's the winner. "Starry Night" was their theme. Lame. I do like the little Santa belaying down the string of lights though. I bet his arms are sore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

Ooh hope the hangover is not so bad ;)

On your comment the other day:
I just hate it when people assume they know anything about me, whether it's by knowing my birthdate or looking at my hands or simply guessing. And I hate it that they blurt out opinions when these weren't requested. Don't you? ;)

I'm guessing that that person knew a bit about horoscopes and mentioned a few things to see if they could impress you. But you should not be worried about what someone that doesn't know you says about you, especially since that person didn't really know anything specific about your horoscope, just some general truths.

And when you think about it, anyone could feel that those remarks about finding their niche could be directed to them, right?

5:03 p.m.  
Blogger Monami Roy said...

can't wait till i leave for home this friday.

holidays,... and then another yaer. time flies by, eh?

:)
merry xmas and a happy new year to you!

\m/

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger mistipurple said...

merry christmas and a fabulous 2009 to you, sirbarrett!
so i'll come by your blog again next christmas lol!! :P

3:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here