Monday, January 22, 2007

Book Drive 2007

When I was a kid, I found reading difficult and exhausting, trying to sound out the words in my head. Then, found some books that piqued my interest. I started reading Hardy Boys books and other detective novellas like Scarface which I loved.

Up until the end of this month, (you have a few days left so hurry!!) Ontarians can donate lightly used children and youth books (up to grade 8 level) off at any OPP or Toronto Police Services station.

There are studies suggesting that simply having books around children, within their reach, can influence their proficiency at reading, which is a practical and enjoyable skill to possess for the rest of their lives.

If you can look in the boxes of your basements or cluttering your shelves for childrens books, please be generous.

Thanks Jennifer for bringing this to my attention.

General Announcements

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here