Saturday, July 22, 2006

Me So Tired


I don't read horoscopes, but I glanced at one this week that warned me not to push myself too hard, too fast. I don't think there's any chance of that. Working the night shift as usual and recovering from my celebrating has left me feeling exhausted and blasé about things in general. It's funny, right now I wouldn't even really be that concerned if we were in the midst of WWIII. (I'm also too tired to know whether or not I'm being sarcastic).

I tried to keep active and play some badminton yesterday with my neighbour Trash but then I just wanted to vegetate and watch Corner Gas, which of course, is always a good cheer-up, even if it takes up what little crumbs of time I have before work when what I should really be doing is attending to the basement, which is groaning for a vaccuum.

What I do best is sleep and dream, which is so enjoyable, well, until I'm woken up by the sound of church music being played on the piano upstairs, or until my alarm clock radio turns on again (and I just set it ahead another fifteen minutes). I'm so lazy for some reason I can't even change the dial from a Polish channel, so it is even more alarming to be woken up to incomprehensible language at such a high volume.

But anyway, although I didn't end up getting to see "The Truth about 911" which was a disappointment, I got to hang out with MadameRouge, Jimmy, Toobusyliving and others on my birthday. I also recieved some wonderful gifts in the mail from Frothonthedaydream, including a CD with silly songs, a postcard and some gel flowers to stick on my window. Aren't blogger friends so virtually squeezable? My sister Wein-bean gave me this T-shirt of one of my great Canadian heros.


I may not be pushing myself too fast this week but I will be going to some interviews and considering moving to a new city -an opportunity that has been proposed by a few friends. Being old now, I'm sick of the same routines and ready for a change. All in good time. Sometimes the turtle wins the race. I must be that turtle.


sleepy

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just visiting from Maddy's.

It's great to read you. I especially like "What I do best is sleep and dream."

Be well...

8:17 p.m.  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

sleep and dream is the only way to live.

besides what is wrong with turtles?
;)

8:14 a.m.  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Did I miss a birthday...It will be the 2nd birthday I miss...

2:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy beLATED....i heard but i had no time, no i know....but heard u had a great time. happy happy dude. hugs!kisses!

now stop hanging around those hooligans, they are such a bad influence, and btw, having the same bday as clack, explains EVERYTHING!

1:51 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

did you dance to any of the songs?
just singing along is not enough you know. xxx

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

winters -Your writing is also a treat. Come back now, ya hear?

cocaine jesus -I like turtles. I think they're great. Did you know that one of the oldest turtles died this year? Adwaita died this past March but he was at least 130 years old!! Just think, he got to outlive Freud, see women get the vote, live through 2 world wars, the 60's, neon pants, Kurt Kobain and the rise of the Internet!

iamnasra -No, I am Nasra. Just kidding. You are. There's always next year...

Mitzee -Thanks for the shout outs. You're my homegirl. It was a good romp in the city. Funny how all the girls there seem to have such broad shoulders and deep voices...Oh well, I'll think nothing of it.

chloe -Oh I danced, and the moon is made of cheese! Well, it is, isn't it? Your songs are growing on me.

12:33 a.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

I got a wee bit too drunk.

1:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here