Saturday, July 08, 2006

Music Video of the Week



Rihanna's beautiful song about having an affair is heart-wrenching, well composed and honest. I couldn't sleep -not because I'm guilty of having an affair but because my pattern has been thrown off again. So now I'm watching this. I have another ten hours that I have to stay awake for to do the night audit. Let's cross our fingers that I'll make it. I don't even want to think about it but because I think too much, my thoughts stir and hence no sleep. No sleep for the wicked!

The choreography of this video, the shots and subtleties are especially appreciable. For example, I like the furtive looks, how she moves very seductively and how there's a sense that someone is always watching, that she's judging herself in the mirror and making emotive gestures of dying on the piano. She's a great actress!

There is a layer of interpretation that is like she's having an affair with the music and the pianist playing it as well, which I found clever. He's kind of hidden in there -the unassuming betrayer. I'm glad that a musician has done something as bold as making a statement about one of society's social ills -a secret that's been kept too long.

We all have little affairs with temptation, bad habits, poor lifestyles or people but because this is Writings of Faith I'll encourage you to make your relations holy. Keep your relationships loyal, build trust and do not be Unfaithful. Good things come to those who stay true to others and to themselves.

Sleep Deprivation

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I'll have to agree that is a beautiful song all around.

12:16 a.m.  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Sure is!! And thats a cool video too! :)

2:44 a.m.  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

sadly my pc seems to be playing up and unable to watch or hear this song but i have heard it and yes, it is a very touching song.

6:00 a.m.  
Blogger x said...

loyalty and faith are two different things Barrett.
xx

5:23 p.m.  
Blogger Oun said...

What if all the people of this world could share just one day of peace?

3:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here