Wednesday, July 05, 2006

France Socs it to Em!


Sorry Portugal. You played well. There will be other World Cups. 1-0. It hurts doesn't it? Go soak your wounds in salt. Hey now! Don't get footy with me!

I don't really know much about soccer except that I used to play it. Being a defenseman, I would boot the ball up the field and hope for it to drop in front of my own players. This is called an assist. Am I being pedantic enough? Ok, so I'll admit, I didn't have to deal with the logistics of scoring directly but I did it once by accident from center line and that. Was. Golden. However, watching this game I learned something really important about soccer: To win the game you have to get it IN the net. Strangely enough, it doesn't count if it hits the outside. Do you see how this works? I guess that's why Beckham is so popular -he's practiced to be precise. I think maybe some of the players on the Portuguese team thought it was kind of like volleyball where you try to hit if OVER the net. Nope, the rules are a little different. Think in.

Anyway, best of luck next time. I'm out to get Frangled. Now that it's all over anyway I think it's worthwhile to pretend it never ended at all!

Go Germany!!!

General Announcements

7 Comments:

Blogger mistipurple said...

germany, argentina and brazil complicated my life quite a bit. ya, i betted.

10:09 p.m.  
Blogger iamnasra said...

So Im not in to football..But I was sad that Brazil was out and the african team was it Congo

The world is talking football

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger iamnasra said...

So Im not in to football..But I was sad that Brazil was out and the african team was it Congo

The world is talking football

3:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just glad it's over and we can get back to other concerns in the world.

8:41 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the world cup. I played soccer at school a couple of times, I was trying to show off most of the time :/
I'm hoping for Italy to win!

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

we brits might, in a moment of supreme arogance make claim to inventing a lot of the sports now played on the world stage but the only one that really has world dominance is football. shame that we are so crap at it!

funny post SB.

5:57 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Well, now soccer madness is over. See, I don't generally watch soccer but it's an interesting phenomenon. I think I get adrenaline through secondary sources and it kinda makes me cheery. So France has lost. Zidane kind of lost his head too. Who knows what Matarazzi said to tick him off!

Thanks for the comments all!

5:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here