Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Long Hard Battle

The long hard battle, not easily won,
The quick success, not easily done,
A pen's your sword, your sheild's a smile,
To thwart the worry might take awhile

But when it comes, though no one knows,
Live by passion, learn by throes,
Ache with heart and hold your strength,
When wishes come short, travel the length.

The times may rear their ugly head,
But do not put your hope to bed,
Harness the tact and use your tongue,
It's never over until it's sung.

Filed under Poetry

4 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

You have such a great attitude towards life, and a special talent towards poetry.

7:36 p.m.  
Blogger J said...

Barrett Cressman, an optimist? Who knew? ;) The 16 year old version of yourself would hardly recognize you.

2:58 a.m.  
Blogger Darius said...

That's the spirit -

4:15 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

barbarafromcalifornia -Writing poetry helps me change my attitude when I feel a need to gain a new perspective about an issue.

j -The 16 year old still lurks in the recesses of my soul, but the 24 year old mediates him. I hope they understand each other.

darius -...that moves in me and in you.

maddy -You are a wonderful person.

kimberly -Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

9:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here