Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Invited the Scissors


Call me Mr.Clean Cut.

After about a year of solid growth (with minor trims here and there) I did away with my curly locks, NOT completely, but enough to tidy things. My hair now sprouts down to the top of my ears, not the bottom of my chin. This will lessen the pressure sustained on my neck (I had a heavy mop).

It is difficult living with wavy hair. It always billows out near the ends. The age of the duck bill just isn't in either. I had no luck looking like Johnny Cash. Confession: to deal with the recalcitrance of my wave, I would sometimes put gel in it then comb it down forcefully and hope it stayed straight. It hardly worked. When I'd wash it, the tangles were torture. I'd end up ripping out clumps that I'd find everywhere from the drain to my counter, in the sink. Pantene-pro-V helped somewhat. You'd think I was an animal or something with all the shedding. I guess in a way that's true.

Anyway, there is something refreshing about a haircut, especially as part of the spring cleaning routine. Now I don't demand such high maintenance. The trees got a hair cut too, so now I get to go clean up their limbs. It's 20 degrees C outside! Time to be active, get in shape and enjoy the great outdoors after all of this hibernation and gothic brooding.

Filed under General Announcements

12 Comments:

Blogger Fig said...

I feel your pain. Curly hair is frustrating but... I love it. My little brother grew his hair out just to donate it to Locks of Love... it was horrible for him. He has curly hair like mine and there were days when he resembled Bozo the clown... but it was worth it in the end.

Try Loreal Curl Vive... no conditioner and a handful of Studio Line Lasting Curls.

Um... I need to go do something constructive. I can't believe I just offered hair advice to a man I don't know.

2:44 p.m.  
Blogger Om said...

My son Zac has the same problem... haha he discovered if you don't wash it it goes straight..haha..he was gonna get it straightened..don't do that by the way..you can always get a soy based pomade for it and run that through it and it smells good too!.. Zac has now decided he is going for dreads... ehhh not so hot on that idea!

7:21 a.m.  
Blogger toobusyliving said...

It's been so long since I "manscaped" that the clippings would probab;y look like the one in the picture...I should get on that......

7:26 a.m.  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Curly hair sure can be quite tricky to handle.. i invited the scissors almost 2 months back to rid me of my wavy locks.. my head feels so light and non-messy ever since :p

8:18 a.m.  
Blogger Fragmented said...

It may look messy most of the time, but thick, soft,wavy hair is nice to touch, nice to hold. ;p

9:46 a.m.  
Blogger x said...

nah, a description won't do.
we want to see pictures.

10:18 a.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

I have curly hair and I hate it.

11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Lorena said...

do we get to see a pic of the new look?

i agree with luanne.

11:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO NO NO SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!!!!!!

I LOVE LONG CURLY LOCKS ON BOYS...oh man.....that's what my x did one day....came over with a buzzed head after having long curly locks for yrs and I had to hold back the tears so as not to upset him. he looked great still don't get me wrong, i dig a fine clean head too, but long luscious locks on boys just kick it!

btw tbl's comment....EW!

11:39 a.m.  
Blogger mistipurple said...

i second mitz. curly's cool. try using a conditioner after washing. you won't get all the entanglement. we straight 'hairers' always envy natural curls.

2:28 p.m.  
Blogger Nabeel said...

what? you cut ur hair .. noooooooo .. mani am all for long hair dude .. did u cut it for job interviews and all?

can u post a before and after picture?

11:01 p.m.  
Blogger J said...

"Anyway, there is something refreshing about a haircut, especially as part of the spring cleaning routine"

Amen, brother B. I just shaved my head, and it feels wonderful.

I think you look better with shorter hair anyway (not saying that you look bad with long hair, of course).

Enjoy the freedom.

8:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here