Thursday, April 13, 2006

Spontaneous Combusition: Funny Clips make the World go HA!



This wins the Sir Barrett Commercial Award!

The summer weather in it is perfect timing. Jimmy comes out of the store and sees Parker Posey, who's naturally in the dancin' mood. She's such a party girl! Where she goes no one knows.

I don't really give a flip about the OC and apparently someone else is starting not to either. Misha Barton has been dying to get off the show, not only because the ratings are falling faster than the Dow Jones did on Black Monday but also because she's in a new movie with Parker Posey!

This is music to my ears. I think the girl is hilarious. Her outrageous behaviour on Party Girl, and then the way she played that neurotic on the Best in Show!

Apparently there are some other movies that I have to catch up on as well, including:
Adam & Steve
Personal Velocity: Three Portraits


Do you remember her in Will and Grace or when she played Tom Hank's girlfriend in Sleepless in Seattle?

Trivia question: In which movie does Parker Posey play a vampire?

Anyway, if you're the curious type, you might also want to know where fishsticks really come from, and I've got the clip for you! They might repress the memory when they get older, but every little kid who likes fish knows Captain Barnacle.

Movies and Silly

5 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Lol, I agree, that commercial is great.

My favourite commercial right now is for A&P (grocery store). This baker is speaking in French, but he has no clue what he's saying. So, they have these subtitles at the bottom that say what he thinks he's saying.

So, while he's actually saying, "Où est Pierre? Pierre est dans le salle de bain!" He actually thinks he's talking about how fresh their food is.

The best is at the end. He picks up a freshly made baguette, cracks it in half, and inhales deeply. "Ahhhhhh... bibliothèque!" The subtitle says, "Ahhh.. delicious!"

Hilarious. It's not very funny when I explain it, but it's a great commercial.

8:51 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

j -I have to see that commercial. Without a TV I don't get much action but I'll look for it on YouTube.

finnegan -It puts me in a good mood.

maddy -I'm glad you had some inspiration to express your free-spiritedness. Tanzen ist gut.

10:37 a.m.  
Blogger Lorena said...

i thought it was a funny commercial as well.

11:48 p.m.  
Blogger J said...

B - Check out the commercial I was talking about. It's great.

3:50 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Did anyone check out the Captain Barnacle video? C'mon, seriously, it's classic!

11:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here