Friday, April 27, 2007

In a Perfect World

"Experience is just another word we give for our mistakes" -Oscar Wilde

In a perfect world
there would be no
hope.
In a perfect world
there would be
nothing
to work on.
No unsculped rocks
or uncut grass.
No skin cancer
or traffic jams.
Priests would have already said
all of their sermons.
Or at least we would already
know better.
No screaming children.
Our meals would be pre-portioned.
You would always arrive on time.
There would be no need for militaries.
Everything would be
disgustingly manicured.
There wouldn't be the
suspense
of wondering
what mistake you might make next.

Poetry

8 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:15 p.m.  
Blogger Lorena said...

nice poem but no hope in a perfect world? is it because we wouldn't need it anymore (i just answered my question :)

hope you are doing well!
any new music?

3:16 p.m.  
Blogger jugni said...

the perfect world dont sound all that nice to me. *shivers*

:)

12:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always a perfect world without children and Butchie.

:)

8:54 p.m.  
Blogger madamerouge said...

I do well in worlds with pre-portioned food. Case in point: first-year university. I lost 15 lbs.

Oh, wait. Maybe that's "a world where the food is locked up at night."

11:18 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Disclaimer: I don't know what a perfect world would look like but I had fun writing this. It brings up the complication that most of the time we don't even know how to fix our own problems, nevermind gain the ability to do something about them. I imagine there are multiple versions of "perfect" worlds...but most of them would probably be scary to someone anyway.

Lorena -Yes! I do have new music! I've been playing lots of shows...I still have to record it though :(

blow -Well, I made you shiver so I guess you could say it was "moving"?

adorable girlfriend -oh how I love your cruelty! Butchie's harmless compared to children though. You don't know how many I hear on the other end of the phone screaming their guts out.

madamerouge -You bring up a good point. Perfect bodies and perfect worlds don't seem to go together. Otherwise eating ice cream would make you look like David Hasselhof.

5:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, Butchie is good for taking care of screaming kids. Very good.

7:06 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

miss you. start writing asap!

7:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here