Thursday, February 08, 2007

Saboteurs at Nightfall Play the Jazz


...That would be the Jimmy Jazz, which is a dive bar in downtown Guelph. It is the place where I developed my performative qualities, having played open mic there now for almost two years.

The Saboteurs at Nightfall (my drummer and I) will be opening for SlowKing, another band that originated in Guelph, tomorrow night. They are described as "sounding like Interpol with a hint of Joy Division". Since I enjoy both those bands, I shouldn't have any trouble melding in as their opener.

I'm very excited about this show because I have three new songs to unveil with a faster, post-punk feel than my other songs. My drummer, whose influence has inspired a new phase of creation in my music composition, may or may not be accompanying me (we have certain logistical concerns to overcome) but nevertheless I will rock out just as hard regardless.

If you're seeking a good sound for your soul, listen to your ears...Hope to see you there!
----------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE, Feb 10:

The show was great. The crowd was great. There were all the right things in place. SlowKing, looking as dapper as ever in their dress shirts and ties brought with them lots of energy, some groupies and offered pins and prizes to active audience members. I chatted with their bassist, Anthony about the importance of a recording (something I know I need to do), getting a myspace with uploaded tunes. We found that many of our influences are similar so it was great to have the opportunity to play with them. We discussed the do's and don't's of good music performance and although they mostly practice in Toronto, they said there might be an opportunity to hang out and jam again. Although I was a little troubled by tuning issues during my set apparently no one else heard it and many gave me warm compliments on the vocals and lyrics of my songs.

Since the response was good, I look forward to more shows in the future.

Events

3 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Good luck, dude. I like your band name, by the way. Very chic.

11:43 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

i wish i could be there. but i need to hear your songs so if you record them send them over will you?
Good luck today!
xxxxxx

3:56 a.m.  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Hey!! All the best with the performance!! And i'd like to hear the stuff too! The thing is i'm miles away!! so may be you could post some of it online?! :)

7:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here