Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mental Chores

My memory scuttles across the veranda
Like silverfish that I thought I had killed
Can’t remember where I put my favourite pen
I could have sworn but that wouldn't be polite

The application must be completed
Nothing can NOTHING can be unprepared
So it’s not our fault if you lost your password
Probably your own butterfingers, chum

Like it or not it’s about time you grow up
Accept your something or at first deciding
What is it? What was it? Where is it going?
Do I look like a Prophet?

Suddenly everything gets so damn serious
Going through my mid-minute crisis again
Where do I start my post-theorem thesis?
When exactly do I drive home the point?

It’s relative whether moral relativity is prudent
Practical uses have a very short shelf-life
To act against will or to will your own outcome
Carpe diem! Do and be damned!

Decisions, decisions, clutter my closet
Priorities prick me in every which way
If I do A then X will be helpless
It’s ok, he always was lame.

Hands off my counter! I’ll set it when ready
Urgent to you is a bit out of line
Timing my time off, I know you are ticking
But who’s the boss if no one’s at work?

Poetry

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful poetry. It always makes me smile with pride knowing such a lovely poet.

9:16 p.m.  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Sir Barrett
mid-minute crisis
and forgetting passwords

alas, where did I leave the keys
and what's the pin number on the new credit card ...
Ring Ring, recognize the voice?
having missed the first three seconds - now I know. Hello!

10:09 a.m.  
Blogger DeeM said...

Well thank goodness someone is still writing wonderful verse. :)

6:56 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

Big hug, really big one, one that crosses oceans. Come on smile now Barrett.
xxxx

4:43 a.m.  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Its nice to read your poetry...let us see more of your poetic thoughts..

Im having a Poetry Trbute at LIP

Hope u can join

3:11 a.m.  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

pin numbers?
hate the damn things.
recently i used my company card instead of my own. punched in the wrong code three times and was blocked.
ok ok, so not pins fault BUT...really!!!

4:58 a.m.  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Good to see you are still writing such lovely poetry.

Have a good week!

6:16 p.m.  
Blogger Nabeel said...

aww man i love this .. the things you talk about .. I think i have gone through them .. fav. pen .. applying through jobs .. thinking while driving.

Start taking decisions man .. I can see your frustration .. but dont loose hope .. well I know you won't. Start taking decisions and then you'll have a smaller list of decisions to make :)

10:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here