Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Damn Crickets


Does anyone have an extra can of shut-the-hell-up on hand?

See, I'd really like to get a peaceful night of sleep, but apparently there is a whole gang of crickets that live with me. I guess I should never complain that I'm lonely. My little friends hide in the walls, climb in my closet, nestle in between secret places, and although I can hear them chirping, chirping, chirping (or whatever noise crickets make) I can't find them, gather them up, or kick them out.

You know, it's kind of a nice atmosphere for a few minutes. It feels like you're in the outback, out on the veranda, or camping in some tent. You get serenaded by the wild. The sound of crickets never really seems to strike you as an obnoxious, aggravating, torturing sound, until you're exposed to it 24/7!!

Anyway, they've taken a bit of a break right now. Maybe THEY went to sleep. I'll hedge my bets and dive into bed now. Oh no. I think I just heard a chirp. Here we go again...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

you are funny :) i hear them at night as well though not as loud as to keep me from sleep. poor you :) lets hope they give you a break soon, maybe while they are sleeping, i hope.

12:51 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

lorena -How can I not at least be comforted by that wonderful smile of yours? I'm glad their's someone else in the same boat, sorta. Don't pity me, I'm sure it's just psychological training for when I encounter 'the doomsday.' Anyway, I suppose you can probably tell how rubber-room I've gone, with all this insectarian chatter, and of course my rambling. I'll be a poet and say I've gone mad hatter! (and this is just a sampling). They're not that bad though, actually, realistically, practically, when all is said and done. Their black little eyes have a twinkle in them, which fills me with mystery...aw! Cute little guys...who don't know how to SHUT THE HELL UP!#@!!@#

12:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here