Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wild Dog Imray Bee Flex Closes it Off with a Bang

Yes!! (Shouting, as I do several kung fu motions ending in an arm-to-the-heavens thrust)

I have one more day of my old job, I'm running on a scant few hours of sleep this week, after having seen my friend off to South Korea and playing some poker. Then I have a day and a half off to move my clutter, party, and go to the System of a Down and Mars Volta concert on Friday in Toronto with Andy. Woot! They are both going to blow my mind!@!

I just trained for my wicked-ass new job today over conference call, so I'm feeling pretty fresh. I guess I'm going to be the big man on campus when it comes to career service connections. So that's exciting, and it's great integrated marketing experience. Something to be gung-ho about.

But ah Guelph! I'm going to miss this town, miss all the folkiness of it, miss biking, skateboarding and running around these lazy streets where you recognize everyone. I'm ready for a change though. Time to get down to business.

But only after a big fat week of fun and summer closing celebrations.

6 Comments:

Blogger Prométhiûs said...

This is nostalgia...rite?

5:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck in school, dude...not that you'll need it....fall brings change...hope it's all good. ;)

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

PF -Yup, starting up the school year. This is the last one for my PR diploma.

afp763389 -right back at you!

prom...icantdothoseaccents -I am nostalgic but not too disheartened by the planned change of scene.

Mitz -Thanks. We both love fall.

3:06 p.m.  
Blogger iamnasra said...

good luck with your new venture..Hey how did you know about my book ..Its published in my home town only..

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog

12:32 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

iamnasra -Howard told me about your book. I suppose maybe he googled you or something. I don't know. I can't ask him because he hasn't shown up yet. It was great of you to keep to the intent of it, featuring pictures from the children themselves, to express their feelings while living with cancer, despite having to scrap some of your poems. Not many people can do what you've done: used writing to help others in need and 'make a difference.'

10:06 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

good luck in your new job?!

10:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here