Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Switzerland, As Seen by PJ, From a Train


My friend PJ took off this summer to go to Switzerland. His father was a citizen, so therefore so is he. It was a surprise when I found out, but that PJ would surprise me doesn't surprise me at all.

We've known eachother since grade 7, and talked many a discussion about philosophy or just plain old nonsense atop many a sandhill, or over many a brew. PJ is PJ, and there is no other way to describe him.

I missed him, his wit, his charm, his debonair, and so I asked his whereabouts, then I heard that he had been in a dreadful accident, hence the neckbrace. Through several emails, he informed me he was alright, despite a little damaged, and gave me a link to his site and pictures, which is here

Here's a trackback of our correspondence:

"Hello everyone, The much belated mass email has arrived. For those of you who did not know, I have taken myself back to the Fatherland to live and work. It is here where I hope to rediscover my Swiss roots; to embrace at least half of my heritage; and to find out just what truly makes this funny little muddle called PJ. I got a job at an Irish pub here in Fribourg and have found an apartment that I will likely be moving into soon. It, like everything else here, is just a little bit more expensive than what I can afford, but I will worry about that later. For now, it's the old architecture, the swimming in the various canals, and of course, sheltering myself from the seering heat. I welcome all of your emails.
PJ"

"Damnit! I really wonder who got it and who didn't. Ah, who cares.. Anyway, the 'new's is that I got the job and I've been working here. I'm going to post some pics soon, but I'm at the really really expensive internet cafe right now and so I haven't the time.. And it's Switzerland! But read on, and I'll talk to you later,
PJ"

"Uh,...............................PJ? What's this about me hearing that you are in Switzerland and got in some crazy car accident where you flipped three times, burst into flames, and somehow got out alive,...with a broken neck?!#$ Are you OK???????????????/ I don't know if this is just information that's taken on mutation from the game of telephone but would you please email me back to indicate your status: dead, living or otherwise? I hope Switzerland is that wonderful place that you hold close to your heart and your hand. May the hills be alive, with the sound of music.
Bear"


"Yes, the accident -- nasty business, that. *HA! Still funny with a broken neck!*

And if the sound of my tip-typing away does not alleviate the fear that I am no longer living, then let me assure you that I most certainly am, Coronel.

Actually, I've had this thing on for 2 weeks and 6 days now; but tomorrow.. oh tomorrow. It's the big day when PJ goes back to the hospital where the nice doctor will do more xrays to see if I've recovered.

Coming back from a Jamiroquai concert, no less!

Anyway, if you haven't been getting my mass emails, then you're welcome to check out some pictures from the homeland here: http://www.squeegiekid.com/ch/ (there should even be some of me in this bluenoose).

Tschüß and all of that,
PJ"


So I look forward to hearing more about PJ's adventures. Unfortunately the accident occured when he was a passive passenger, so he couldn't do anything about it. His injury effects his work, but at least he's alive and doing well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I will I had Swiss citizenship. Tell him his site needs an RSS feed.

7:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool. poor fella tho.

10:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here