Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Living it to the Fullest

I'm talking about my hair. It is damn thick, brown (with a [small] grey patch on the one side) and fluffy. It's down past my ears now, sticking erratically out of the sides, like a profile of Einstein in the wind. It's kinda afro, but I kinda like that. "It looks Amish" as my father commented. I am big hair, but I'm coming to terms with big hair. Embracing it. Celebrating it's full body. Sportin' tha dew. When the cement dust and shredded paint and errant caulking is caked on, my waves lap it up like a hungry puppy and become gunky. In the shower I purge it of the day's rustic history, shake it clean and bring new life to roots. I part it in the middle, but it ends up curling in all directions. It's like a meandering river, made up of dead telomeres.
This is my hair description.

Here ya go ~c and friends. This is your low-key, not-too-serious, narzisistic, indulgent post. Now rock, paper, scissor, to see who comments first.

7 Comments:

Blogger c said...

Me, me, me, me, me! I'm first!

So, are you going to give those of us not fortunate enough to know you in real life a picture of said afro?

8:38 a.m.  
Blogger J said...

Indeed. Said afro should be recorded in the annals of history by means of a digital photo.

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Said afro will be photoed afro once I get a digital camera. Do you know where I can get a cheap but quality digital camera J?

5:19 p.m.  
Blogger c said...

If you can convince my husband to buy me a Nikon D70, I'll GIVE you my Canon... somethingorother...G5? Maybe? Yes, G5.

Good luck with that.

7:26 p.m.  
Blogger J said...

What's your price range? Olympus, Kodak, and HP all make good cameras.

I can give you some recommendations, but I need to know what we've got to work with. :P

3:37 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

How many cameras can I get for a rock concert?

1:42 a.m.  
Blogger Jay said...

thanks much for commenting. I get so lonely here in Blogger land. It is so desolate compared to my other blog. Good to meet you.

11:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here