Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer Progress Report

Woe is me for not having an air conditioner! As the summer weather starts to actually feel (uncomfortably) like summer, it is time to realize that there is not much of it left! Still, it has been a busy/productive summer for many people, getting out to cottages, sailing, swimming, camping, starting new romances (and putting others behind).

I have wrapped up an activity sandwich complete with biking, two weddings, made good headway in my completion of my CCPE and started hosting open mics at Wally's (Oh snap! I better practice, that's tonight!) My friend shared this discovery as well. Nick Pitera:


I can't believe how precise his voice impersonations are!! Part of me is glad he's too busy to attend my open mics...

But I still have a few things that I want to do this summer, including

-actually catch a fish, not just go "fishing"
-goto Canada's Wonderland
-perfect a cover of Lover, You Should Have Come Over (Jeff Buckley). Maybe tonight?
-go back to and complete recording of my first album
-catch a VIA rail train somewhere without it going on strike

May we all achieve what we can, and milk this season dry. Good luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

His vocal chords have potential. I can't really make many voices besides my own and even that one I don't like much. lol
Summer is an event in Canada, I hope you make the most of it, really. I don't actually mean achieving lots of goals, but just enjoy it since it's a rare time of the year.

6:25 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

You're right! Summer is an event! I'm enjoying it. Today is humid and warm with with grey clouds and a nice cool breeze. I think I'll go for a walk and be a flaneur around the shops. We're moving into my favorite season: fall, but I don't like to actually get there because then my least favorite season is just around the corner.

11:47 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I love riding VIA. It's so great to just sit back, crush a beer, and watch the landscape zip by.

3:55 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Captain Bee -Ditto, man. Except I didn't get to ride it last time I bought a ticket...because it was the ONE day they went on strike this summer. I kept my ticket thinking it would be no problem getting a refund or an exchange. I'm actually planning to goto Ottawa again for the same trip in a few weeks so I went into VIA this week to exchange it for then and they gave me a real hassle. "The deadline for exchanges/refunds has already passed!" Apparently there was some minor announcement on the news that I was supposed to know about. In any case I sweet-talked them and made them make an "exception" for me since I was only a day or two after this "deadline". Now I have a ticket northward on Sept 11th and nothing's going to stop me! (is that a bad thing to say on Sept 11th?)

9:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here