Thursday, August 28, 2008

Poem for a Rainy Day


The sky threatens to please me
negotiating clouds,
swollen with black pride
test their waters

raining isn't for everyone
but when I see that cool cleansing ambition
fit to wash the stickiness out of the air
fill holes with puddles
give ducks glee
and let us marvel from safe windowsills
I cannot resist goading it on.

You may laugh at my counterintuitive hopes
Paint me a backdrop like Golgotha
you can resurrect the sun some other day
today must be soaked through

For I have been saving up for this.

Poetry

2 Comments:

Blogger Phronk said...

Very nice. There is nothing better than watching a good thunderstorm from a porch.

11:24 a.m.  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I love this, so strong and decisive. Very Mars :)

5:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here