Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Some Partnerships Were Made to Die


Hélas! The Bell Beavers are dead. Their long-running ad campaign was laid to rest on Friday.

Personally, having worked for Rogers Communications (Canada's clearest wireless network), I was biased to hate them, and won't lose any sleep knowing that I won't have to endure another annoying ad ever again. I cringed when I heard Norm MacDonald's voice (aka Frank) on the radio, busy overlooking some important detail whilst running some scam to get cheaper internet or phone service, only to be saved by the smarter, savvier Gordon, with his better Bell deal. On the other hand, I realize they were a Canadian cultural trinket, an era gone by.

Sigh...As a Canadian, I'm damned if I liked them, damned if I didn't. But, there will always be more beavers in the creek.

2 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

i HATED those damn beavers!

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I never saw your beavers in action but I know what annoying ads are like! And some awful seasonal trends of ads that everyone seems to hate but they still broadcast - you'd think such awful publicity would be counter-productive but no!

4:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here