Friday, July 04, 2008

The Tastiest Dinner Ever, on Independence Day

I come home weary from the week and ready for the weekend even though there were only three work days. But within those three remaining days I learned much about Tylenol and Motrin, two pain assassins that work in very different ways, so that I can respond to consumer questions at my shiney new job. I clean the apartment, half awake, turning my brain off and my radio on, using lots of chemicals, putting on my weekend hat. But first there is something I need to do before I can relax. I clean hard. So much so that it is steady and lasts for about two hours. When I am done, I feel dirty in comparison, needing to shower myself after touching all that filth. Now I smell as good as the floors and sinks do. I love the smell of chemicals like I love the smell of gasoline. That's not the only reward. It's dinner time. I pour a gingerale on ice head out to survey the city from my balcony. I begin picking away at the assortment of food that I've arranged on my plate.

red pepper slices dipped in artichoke and asiago cheese dip
ripple regular chips
Carr's garlic and herb crackers
on Danish blue cheese and
some tomato boats
sprinkled with pepper

A sprig of parsley

PS-Happy Independence Day Americans!

3 Comments:

Blogger x said...

you have grown so much in all these years I've known you. and so well. xx

5:08 p.m.  
Blogger Adorable Girlfriend said...

Muwaaah.

6:38 p.m.  
Blogger madamerouge said...

"asiago vomit" - a recent search term that hit on my blog

9:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here