Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hey Guys, Where's My Toenail?


I was faced with one of the oddest images when my friend lost his toenail yesterday -a fleshy, nailess wonder! He walked out onto my porch with toilet paper scrunched around the toe, little red blotches caking its surface. Then, in the voice of some alternate personae, he is said in a false naive tone: "Hey guys, have you seen my toenail?" If I had, I would have probably cringed and looked the other way because I'm assuming that if a toe without a nail looks that odd, a toeless nail does equally so.

My other friend's curiosity was so turned on and she was so awed that she wanted to touch the toe. Her erect finger slowly neared the oddity then she screamed with glee as she made contact with the wet pudgy surface which was once covered by hard shell.

I don't know how people can spontaneously lose a toenail but in this case he "accidently" picked it off. It's on a toe that has been permanently bent under another toe (a result of squeezing his foot into shoes which are too small for him). Apparently the toenail was all gnarled and dried up so it didn't take much to pick it off.

We joked for awhile about toenails going missing, pretending to nonchalantly inquire about their whereabouts: "If you see any toenails lying around that aren't yours, let me know ok?" "Hey, would you happen to have an extra toenail? I lost mine." "Toenails can't just get up and walk away!"

Anyway, enough about toenails. I was just about to eat lunch but maybe I'll wait for a bit.

Silly

6 Comments:

Blogger Phronk said...

Sometimes I really wanna just pluck off my baby toenail. It's so tiny that the line between tastefully clipping it and performing a toenailectomy is a fine one indeed.

10:23 a.m.  
Blogger Admin said...

toeless nails are pretty icky.

12:15 p.m.  
Blogger Mitzzee said...

for a post like this you definitely need a pic of the missing toenail on the toe. ps GROSS and OUCH

9:21 a.m.  
Blogger Mitzzee said...

dude....r u able to reach frap gurl? aka candy? if so can u please tell me to leave me acomment so i can contact her!? thanks!

9:25 a.m.  
Blogger Butchie said...

If you find it, put it in your roomate's cereal as a joke!

10:30 p.m.  
Blogger Monami Roy said...

eeek!


is he ok??

\m/

11:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here