Friday, June 29, 2007

The Magic Number Eight

I was tagged by Chloe

RULES:
We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I’m obsessive about windows. By 7pm when it starts to cool down outside they can be open but by 7am first thing they must be closed to shut out the heat for the day.

2. Being the only son of a cattle farmer, I was to take over the family business and be a herder. However, when I was about six my father asked me: “How old do you think you have to be before you start helping out around here?” “Seventy-five,” I responded. So there’s still a chance I’ll do it when I get to that age.

3. I’m lactose intolerant intolerant. In other words: I couldn’t live without milk. I have a love of cheeses including stilton, brie and havarti. Soy’s no substitute (although I do like chocolate soy milk too).

4. My career aspirations include: teacher, speech writer, novelist, poet, media relations director and musician. The jobs I’ve had in the past include: concierge, salesman, bus boy, cook, restoration technician, food sampler, career liaison, security guard, camp counselor, care giver, teacher’s assistant and call centre agent.

5. I absolutely hate it when others fail to screw the toothpaste cap back on the toothpaste.

6. As a child, I once lied on an eye test because I thought glasses looked cool and I wanted them. Instead of reading the letters that were there, I made up alternates, thinking this was a very clever way of pretending not to be able to see properly. However, my mother was my optometrist and, seeing through the act, told me my eyesight was perfect.

7. I tend to come off as very “mellow” to people. Sometimes I can be shy and choose to observe things rather than get tangled up in them but if you get me on certain topics I won’t shut up. I attribute this to having four sisters who were so busy and talkative that I had to wait my turn and think for awhile before I had a chance to speak. I compensated by getting out of the house, building forts and playing in the woods with my bow and arrow.

8. I like to spend sunny afternoons reading William Carlos Williams, playing the accordion and drinking green tea.


TAGGED:
Vesper
Mitzee
Paul
Lorena
{Illyria}
Jason
Kunstemaecker
Cocaine Jesus

4 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

i'll do this soon!!!

3:17 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

i know you people have a work ethic but i didn't know you've had that many jobs. I admire you so.
You can get no prescription glasses, with normal lenses. xx

10:14 a.m.  
Blogger Admin said...

i'm back and i'm at blogger. i'll do this meme now! http://vespersescape.blogspot.com

2:17 p.m.  
Blogger Lorena said...

thanks for tagging. hope to do it soon!

11:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here