Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Orientation Misapplication

Youthful passions flare in haste
The heart a searching, pumping paste
She, the fair and fueling feast
Of hormones, self-sufficing beasts

Pleasing yes but wanting not
The place I’ve picked for my love spot
She the aft and not the fore
She goes through a different door

To a likeness she aspires
-Delicate beauty not a sire
Lilac legs and tangled fronds
To weave with her own lovely longs

My perception dull with guile,
Lysandrian sight and Hermian smile,
Soft lips glisten Maxim-style,
Photoshopped to please me

I see green and glaring red
Are all the signs she’s not to bed
With page boy, male-man, ranting sir,
Oh truth be told! Kick the cur!

Fashioned out of order if-
My quick eye doth miss the drift,
An amazonian warrior soul,
Prefers a plate and not a bowl

For her kind words and longing gaze,
Do o’er stretch my wanting haze,
Homing in on fairer sex,
Leaving me to be perplexed

She would rather bunk with gals
I could only be her pal
Gender such a trifling thing!
Was God or man its author?

I cannot go conquer Miss
She would loath my hairy kiss,
Smite the smell of masculine
And search the room for crinoline

I cannot go romping round
In sync to such a frivolous sound
And expect myself not to be fooled,
Too much drink and folly pooled

So I make a shrewd embrace
-Promise her myself will case
With re-direction like a dove,
Having more Platonic love

I was wanton, reckless, coy,
Now I get served like a boy,
I conjured a sinister craft,
To the fore but not the aft

@ Copyright Sir Barrett 2006

Poetry

6 Comments:

Blogger x said...

you know i am nosy, who is this for?
it's so beautiful and once again you amaze me with one of your talents.
a big kiss x

4:19 a.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

Are u coming to Toronto this weekend?

1:31 p.m.  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Beautiful words, love your work, glad I stopped by

9:27 p.m.  
Blogger Prmod Bafna said...

Lovely words, so rhythmically woven! Very refreshing to be reading your poetry again!!

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

chloe -It's a secret who it is for but it is more to make fun of my experience than anything else as well as a tribute to a nice lesbian.

jason -where are you? No, I guess you know by now I missed this weekend but what are you doing during the week? I have a smattering of days off.

maddy -I AM captivated...or I was.

delaleuverses -nice to be visited by a published poet!

prmod bafna -Thank you sir! I'm glad you appreciate it.

6:54 p.m.  
Blogger temppixie said...

Loved the humour you kept in it even tho your heart was broken!Thanks for the visit, ps have you got a leather coat.....?

2:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here