Sunday, February 05, 2006

Images from the Week


All set for my job interview and a curious, glowing rock at Frenchman's house.

The music corner and Katie, anxiously awaiting the birth of a new calf.


Frenchman playing guitar, the book of fractals and tarot card meanings.

This week was very interesting and busy going to interviews, completing assignments, promoting the job fair, and spending time rehearsing for my sister's benefit concert.

I had fun visiting Frenchman and learning about fractals. They are shapes that mirror themselves on the macro and micro scale. So for example, a triangle made up of triangles made up of triangles. I was intrigued by the fact that fractals are more recent in study, coming long after Euclid, with people researching and trying to figure them out all the time. I had no idea that they could be found in nature, for example in aveoli and tree branches. Fractals make me think of the idea that the universe could be just a molecule of some other universe, and that an eyelash could make up a whole galaxy for other creatures.

It was nice seeing my little sister's friends and catching up with people at my church who I haven't seen for a long time. Plus, the coffee and squares are always nice. They give me something to jog off.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

you look very handsome in your suit :)

you are always learning something new, and in turn so do we!!

12:32 a.m.  
Blogger darksmiles said...

Great look! How did your interview go? How's the calf? Take care! Keep rockin'!

7:04 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

maddy -your guess is as good as mine on the rock. It sorta felt like there were good ions in the air. The instrument is a bass, but the cello is neat too. Once I took my sister's cello and put a guitar pick-up on it so that I could amplify it. I put it on distortion and rocked out on the cello. That was fun.

lorena -Always gotta keep on top of things, and make sure your tie is straight! :)

mayimakeyousmile -The interview was a score and the calf was too. He was running around like an energetic little calf should. (They get up and walk the first day they are born, unlike humans)

8:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the mother have to lick the calf's anus to get the glands active??

8:38 p.m.  
Blogger Nabeel said...

nice suit mate .. I like your tie .. good choice. Hope the interview went well. What position were you interviewed for?

11:31 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

anonymous -Sometimes I skip over the details.

nabeel -Thanks mate. I got the job as media relations personnel for an organization that specializes in solutions to issues of governance worldwide. They have a portal which connects diverse people and is like one big virtual room for researchers and scholars. We (us students) went out to track down positions for our 'placement' which is required for the diploma I'm currently studying. It's kinda like coop. It's only six weeks, and unpaid. However, it's very good experience, and I get out of school into the real world! So I'm very excited.

11:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here