Monday, December 31, 2007

Alone on New Years



I try and try but cannot sleep
The thoughts of you straight back will creep
It’s lost our love, our love’s not right!
So I’ll be alone tonight

Amongst the people
Crossing paths
Wearing faces
Like a mask

Look into
Their great abyss
Which looks straight back
and gives a kiss

Meeting at
That very hour that
Serves for when
Our love went sour

Since it’s so
That every moment
I can’t help but think of you.

Light the candle
Hope it lasts
New years begun
A year now passed

But in my eyes
I see again
Those same sad thoughts
Pain makes us men

Sad because the happy’s gone
Gone with all my fun
I used to be a brighter man
But now I want a gun

Looking back
I’d change no thing
But search for something
New to sing

Changing tunes
Is hard at first
But once you taste
You start to thirst

Not unlike
re-finding youth
You give your
old age a new boost

Learn to feel
And to forget
Let go the ‘stop’
Bring back the ‘let’

Different faces, places, charm
Finding that it’s difficult
Trying out whatever goes
Try to avoid the harm

To be me is strange itself
It’s like I’ve taken a hot bath
And being used to having you
I come out with missing half

You can’t help but reminisce
Half a year was spent on this
Times we laughed and cried and hurt
My heart feels choked inside my shirt

Please come here, commemorate
My soul feels just like two flood gates
I feel lonely, let me hold
No let me kiss, let me be bold

No man can ever hold back time
Nor should he ever want to
So as the time progresses on
Relationships will slip through

As the time comes crashing down
It frees us from its cost
But I will be alone tonight
Because my love is lost

©Barrett Cressman 2007

Poetry

8 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

Oh that's so beautiful, Sir Barrett! :)

I'm sorry you're going through that. Hopefully next year, you'll have a happier poem to write.

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Lorena said...

beautifully expressed. i feel your pain.

lurking in the new year is another soul to share your thoughts and dreams with, i just know it....:)

wishing you a happy new year!

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger Junius said...

happy new year da, such a long poem...give up a little :D

9:56 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

2008 is going to make everything better Barrett!
I am sending a big hug, your poem deserves a hug. xxxx
happy new year.

10:48 a.m.  
Blogger mistipurple said...

the woman who caught your heart is a lucky lady.

8:46 p.m.  
Blogger Mitzzee said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww

well done....what first attracted me to u, your writing.

1:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this about a boy or a girl lol

10:58 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

both

11:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here