Thursday, November 15, 2007

Music Video of the Week: Hide and Seek


If you recognize this song, chances are you saw it somewhere on TV. It was used in The L Word, on a preview for season 3 of Lost and in a preview for Heroes. Despite hearing many good things about both shows, I haven't seen either the L Word or Heroes. However, it seems that good music can even make it's way onto bad shows as well, as I discovered.

If you're like me, you rolled out of bed the other morning, made breakfast and turned on the TV thinking: I'll just watch something. Anything! The more mind-numbing the better! You don't even consciously think the thought but part of you admits that were a horrible show such as The OC to come on right then, that despite its malingering actresses (Micha Barton) and all its Californication and cheesy drama, you still wouldn't have the will to shut it off. Well, that depends. I usually last about 30 seconds before I want to perform an abortion on my eyeballs. But imagine my case: not paying for cable and therefore only having the choice between the OC and the Doodlebops (or no TV). What's it gonna be? So I left it on...and then my ears perked up. This is a good song!

Imogen Heap was like a child prodigy, learning several instruments at a young age and teaching herself to mix and produce it on Atari computers. The melody of this song is so melodic and robotic at the same time. It's the sound of a pretty machine.

That's how these rotten shows capture your attention.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Barrett, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. Her voice is incredible. I have yet to buy her cd but that is only because I keep forgetting which cd I want when I'm at the store. I saw it on the L word. it's a good show! In their promo right now they are playing Rachel Yamagata's song "be your love". have you heard of her? she's got a nice voice as well. she's yet to come out with a new cd in years.

anyho, thanks for swinging by my place :)

4:04 p.m.  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Thank you. I finally know who Imogen Heap is.

9:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here