Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My First Audiolink

I'm getting more computer savy all the time. I just take baby steps. I followed Candi's simple instructions for how to post an audiofile. First, I relearned how to use Cakewalk Pro, made an audiofile: "recorded a track", then went to putfile.com, registered, read the terms and conditions, and made a link so that I could communicate to you, auditorially, my mouth to your ear, my mind to your mind, as it were, through the following link.

I'll warn you, I'm not planning on signing my major record deal with this. I was playing real material when my guitar string rebelliously broke, not allowing me to have the satisfaction of showing you one of my completed songs. So in the meantime, I made this half-ditch effort other little diddy here up on the spot, as a sample to tide you over, until the real music comes. Further tragedy: when I uploaded it, it suddenly got kinda choppy. I don't understand why. Whatever, it's just a 30 second intro clip, I'm dealing with it, so this whole thing wasn't a seamless operation so what? Hope you enjoy it anyway!

McB Freestyle
PS-my next audiolink will be even better!
PPS-just between you and me, the pain and trouble that you go through for an audiofile is worth it. I would do it again.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

hey, love your voice! i thought it was cool. can't wait to hear more.

5:55 p.m.  
Blogger x said...

i tried and tried but couldn't hear you! i could see the page and the uploaded file but there was no voice. my stupid computer probably!
i'll try again later.
:)

6:08 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

candi -sweet! Ima get signed! Thanks for the support yo. What's the deal with your chat? I came over and saw a million comments, but no chat. I musta been outta the groove.

lorena -so it worked for you too! I will post more, I promise. I'll get new strings then I'll be set, and I'll even sing this time. Any requests? Can't wait to make you wait no longer. ;)

chloe -I think you should give your computer a little talking to. Don't smack it because that would be violent (and it might damage the hardware) but tell it to listen up and start using it's chips. Hopefully it will improve its behaviour. If not, maybe my next post will work. *crossed fingers*

7:23 p.m.  
Blogger Beth said...

I LOVE being able to hear your voice! Can't wait for you to do it again!

12:26 a.m.  
Blogger Lavinia said...

I can't download the plug-in to hear the clip, but I'll keep trying:)

Hope you've had wonderful holidays and that you're looking forward to an amazing new year.

2:02 a.m.  
Blogger DeeM said...

How about some spoken word?
Very cool.

9:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. Well, my internet connection is rather, shall we say, tardy at the moment, and thus my auditory experience (and excessive use of commas) was a little tainted.

It was still alright though.

Don't worry, you sound great (no homo).

I once almost voice-posted on my blog, but my odd little drawl just didn't work out right with the computer. Don't ask.

9:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here