Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Basket Full of People

Shyloh is a woman who brought me to Zen Filter. She inspired me with her poem Cashmere Mist, so I wrote this as a result of her provocation:


cotton wool, caught in guilt,
wearing only simple silk,
painted with a spendthrift air,
have it all, steal the flair!

folding suits of double-breast,
with the finest rubenesque,
body slipping in and out,
of the thing you choose to tout,

Taking off the sooty parts,
cleaning off the dirty marks,
hoping that my gullish groom,
won't upset the whole damn room,

spank my face with aftershave,
make me talk, make me rave,
try me on a certain charm,
one I hope can do some harm,

loosen up my choking tie,
tell me such a pretty lie,
I saw you check my shiney watch,
I want to fit inside your notch,

when you feel a little down,
step it up! wear a gown,
throw away your used up garments,
find yourself a new apartment,

buried deeply in a sash,
hiding out, short of cash,
suffocating droopy drapes,
seems so hard, finding mates,

snugly fitting corduroy,
awkward sitting lonely boy,
scuffy ugly stupid shoes,
feel like I am just confused,

lacking pockets for the asking,
sunlight stopped its happy basking,
short of love, torn in trust,
grab yourself, feel the gust,

on my knee, found your lint,
gave me such a saddened tint,
of my life, turned to rags,
of your youth, turned a hag,

cannot bear to mend this mess,
I miss you more without your dress,
sewed up secrets, yesterday,
what face should I put on today?

@Copyright 2005 SirBarrett

6 Comments:

Blogger BlackEmpress said...

Awesome is the rite word!
BEautifully weaved. :)
LEts have some more.

12:38 a.m.  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

candi is right, you must try ruksak. awesome stuff. so is this poem. scans like a greyhound on speed. excellent.

3:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful as usual!
it was HIJACKED!!! fyi...all points alert...some mofo got my password...so it's gone. i'll start a new one in the new yr or on my holidays.

have a very very very very MERRY christmas!!!!! xoxoxoxo
:)
and a happy happy happy new yr!

9:09 a.m.  
Blogger Beth said...

That's lovely, SB. Nice job!

Merry Christmas, Sugar!

9:27 a.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

candi and cocaine -Thanks! I'll have to keep it coming. I checked out Ruksak and now am living and dying a there, in Pete's. It's some of the good old quality writing.

blackempress -I like to weave.

mitz -I'm having a funeral for your blog today. If you want to come, you can give the eulogy. Anyway, can't wait for the next one. Will it be ewlala the IV? Long live the IV! Merry merry Christmas!

queen of ass -and a very Merry Christmas to you too!

9:59 a.m.  
Blogger shyloh's poetry said...

Oh my I did miss this. Thank you my dear. That was so wonderful. I am glad I inspire someone haha.

I am so lol. I enjoyed this.

Peace, aloha and lots of love this season and the ones to come.

Thank you for the mention.

7:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here