Sunday, October 16, 2005

Loss of Arm Function

I did too many preacher curls on Friday, and now I'm still feeling it, evidence that my arms aren't used to weights the way they were during my jackhammer days. I woke up with intense pain in my biceps, and throughout my body in general. I can't extend my arms out because I suppose my tendons have shrunk. This makes me look rather silly, walking around with my arms dangling down only partially, and with my elbows permanently bent. I hope they go back to normal.

I can't say the pain doesn't feel good though. I love to knead out the tenseness, squeezing my one arm with the other, and give myself little jabs in the pecs with my finger tips. "No pain no gain" is not necessarily my mantra, ever since the time I repetitively bashed my head against the wall for an hour and discovered I had no more ideas than when I started, but I'm hoping to get back in shape, now that I spend lots of time in front of the computer, and the cold season threatens to keep me indoors.

We have a free pass to the recreation centre as part of our tuition, and I intend to use it. I go on the treadmill, pull myself up on the chin-up bar, do leg raises, bench-presses, sit-ups and raise the free weighs over my head. The best part is the cold shower at the end of it all. Working out makes you more aware of your body, and tends to improve posture. It also has a positive psychological effect, resulting in more oxegen to the brain, and a natural high. Just make sure you don't overdo it. AND REMEMBER TO STRETCH!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

i usually don't like to stretch but i've learned my lesson from hurting my back once. i also have to make sure to exercise and watch my diet during this cold season.

2:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here