Monday, January 09, 2006

Maunday

Hello there! Yes, it's early in the morning, and I'm awake! As part of my new schedule, I have to be up earlier and require more perkiness out of myself which demands throwing in the towel for bed earlier too! Isn't that great!? (Still managed to finish reading No Logo last night at around 2am)

I woke up and on the sirBarrett special this morning was some coffee, an english muffin with a hint of cheesewhiz and some eggsalad. What a combo it is too! They say that something in the cheesewhiz -proteins maybe, cause you to have nightmares, but I've been having nightmares every night anyway, so I'm good to go!

It's my first day back at school today, or at least it's supposed to be. Actually, I'm supposed to be on my way to school now, but I carpool. I got a message on my phone saying that my ride was coming at 7:50, so at 8am I got worried that they had already come and gone without me. I need to be stolen people! So, I gave them a call, and wouldn't you know it! It's just the kind of thing the old me would have done: she slept in. Her alarm didn't go off:

"What? it's eight?!"

"Yeah, funny ainit?"

"Oh my gosh! Well, we're going to be late. Do you mind?"

(Does this mean I can eat more english muffins and sit around lazing for a bit longer, picturing myself not in class??)

"No, not in the least!"

*click*

Note: Do not suppose that just because I don't freak out because I will be late does not mean in any way that I am someone who 'has trouble with their schedule'. The new me will always be on time except for today, because I've already stressed enough about today. Accept it, it's inevitable. Sometimes you'll just be late. It doesn't make you irresponsible.

8 Comments:

Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

sounds good to me.
get a double order of muffins and laziness in and now!!
i'll think that i will join you!

9:08 a.m.  
Blogger Lorena said...

i also don't like being late for the first day of class. sometimes however you can't help it. i had been coming late to work and now this year i'm trying to make it on time.

i have also been dreaming big time so much so that i wake up tired as if somehow i physically participated in my dreams....anyhow, hope you had a great day at school.

11:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Barrett
It won't happen again
From your friend:
Retarded Tom Cochrane fan

12:31 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

cocaine jesus -come for breakfast anytime.

lorena -I'm with you on the dreaming. I've been dreaming like a maniac and it's so intense I can't sort out reality sometimes. Good for you, being punctual girl. Yeah, today was a good intro day.

anonymous -no problem Penelope.

1:11 p.m.  
Blogger Beth said...

Nope. Not irresponsible. Just means you're....HUMAN.

2:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, we're in the same boat. I have 8:30am classes 4 days a week now. I'm thinking a noose sounds mightly comfy.

2:50 p.m.  
Blogger Om said...

Cheese whiz..yummy! Have a bagel with that extra time!

3:01 p.m.  
Blogger Nabeel said...

lol @ morning commentary ..
greattttttttttt !!

and nowwwwwwwwww i get it @ joke.
joke on me here I guess .. good one (keeping an eye out for you)

12:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here