Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Would you like to get a little more Intimissimi?


As you can see, advertising is thriving in Portugal. In an average day, if you manage to take a walk around the street or you're waiting for a bus, you will see this image 282397862407560765204376.1 times on average. Compare this to the classic models up above. The bows are very cute, but is this an image of intimacy, as what I believe to be the Italian word of this suggests? The word "intimissimi" works well for advertising because it sounds classy, and as I was telling Johnny, the last 2/3rds of it is a palindrome.

She rolled her eyes when she saw that I had taken a picture of this and said that it is very "testosteronic" of me, but I justified myself saying that I wanted to understand it as a piece of advertising, and have a souvenir of something that is an example of female body image pressure to be anorexic. It also took me a couple times of practicing the name before I was able to say it, and by then, I couldn't stop. (Hear the sound of my voice, done Lt. Horatio Caine style, saying very slowly and seductively, "IntiMIssimi..." It's very hot). Luckily, I stopped wearing bras and panties so this ad provides no incentive for me. Ops! I mean, since I don't wear this stuff (ever), I don't need it, obviously, so uh, I'm not corrupted by looking at it at all. bsp;Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:03 p.m.  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

When lurkers delurk the universe will turn inside out. We will drink lava and sit on the stars reading crossword puzzles and coming up with the clues.

In the meantime, I don't care about anything as long as I look good. No more tapered pants or mis-cuts and unflattering colours. Just today I day-dreamt about my shoes and then I nuzzled my feet in them and sighed happily because they follow me everywhere and they're so comfortable.

Andreea gave me a slight fashion critique on the chain of my wallet not matching the style of my clothes (something you also picked up on that I deniably neglected) but overall I know just as well as the next guy how chic I really am. (Why would she offer advice if she thought I wasn't at least semi-conscious and concerned about my appearance)? I walk straighter, the key being imagining that I'm on the runway.

I just have to say that the clothes and jacket are simply bril and now I have a choice between shoes.

7:05 p.m.  
Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

Is someone passing out fashion advice?

I've always wanted capes to came back in style...perhaps if I was bolder I might try to start a trend.

9:25 p.m.  
Blogger Lioness said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here